Thursday, December 30, 2010

My last day at the hostel.... officially:)

December 30 2010!! Perhaps the last day at the hostel officially. and ironically my first Blog:)
SASTRA home!! the place which really means a lot to a person like me. I came to a private hostel in the first year where i was totally new to the system. I have heard an old myth amongst the college students that people whom you meet in the first year as your roommates and close ones are the guys with whom you ll be greatly bonded to in the remaining years.  yes indeed .. that stays factual.

The "supposed to be frightening" FIRST YEAR:
This night i do not know why but i don feel like sleeping at all. Maybe the very thought of the moment i am going to vacate prevents me from dosing off. My first year was awesome and perhaps the best. It gave me only few hostel friends but those are the ones who still know me perfectly. I can never forget the lovely memoirs..For the first time in my life i had cut a cake for my birthday. Till then I never knew such a moment was hidden 314 km away from my house. Walking 4 km to college was hectic.. but even that was made joyous when friends were around. I had a first and last ever serious fight of my college life there with sriram where i banged his head to a wall. Thank god he did not hit me back ;) !! My economic trips to chennai with my roommate gymmer, Photo session during exams with Jay n shyam, short outings with Bharathwaj and co. , sleepless chats with chandru narsiman etc, every day college was made enjoyable with sharath venky and vicky around, daily playing of cricket, comedies with shiva santosh etc... still stays evergreen in my memory:) 20 odd guys gave life to a deserted land along the highway in the name of......" VENKY TOWERS".....!!!!

THE PARADISE:
 The moment we stepped in, we realized that the place deserved the name given to it. With healthy food, people like Arunbabu, Hariharasudhan, awesome ambiance and mainly the avoiding of walking long distance the place was a real paradise to me. Roommates like the studious venky and jolly carefree Sudhan made the stay enjoyable. Carrom and lawn were dragging my time. I still remember the never ending phone talks in paradise terrace. Later we came inside the campus and with pathetic conditions we completed the year. Significant happenings include me getting a Bi-cycle and breaking that in a single day, the lankan war and our secret movie there, the comedies made in the room and once at my home, all cherishable memoirs:)

My college and specifically the hostel life has taken new turns when i came to third year.. in my next Blog:)

23 comments:

  1. gud one... coll life is always d most memorable life in everyone's life.... reading this i miss mine :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. more happened da :)
    keep updating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. done!!! many things to come still. but few things are avoided for very obvious reasons :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dai...u forgot the whole third yr.....pv!!u dear company!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ellathaium ezhudhina innum interesting a irukkum da!!! well., you have joined in the elite group of bloggers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm yeah possibly i can put but that makes things more prone for public damages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly the odd man i seen in my life is U. its very interesting to read ur blog.. ever green experience of ur coll life make us to remember ours too :) the way u had written is also exiting.. miss u people in this semester :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha some things are exclusive for my roommates!! venky.. hope u ll agree wid me??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm good one that describes the usual charm in a college life :).Hoping to see a more candid U

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks deepak. yeah sure. i find blogging interesting as long as people read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on your first blog.. and needless to say, every single person who's had a life away from home.. in a hostel.. would always have loads to write about his/her life with friends.. golden and irreplaceable are those days.. i love my hostel life.. and vaibhav, keep writing regardless of whether people read or not.. its liberating, you can develop your skills and also gives a lot of time for introspection :) good going and happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply superb really man!!!!!!!!! got no wrds 2 xprz more than this!!!!!!!! happy tat while readin, this i had turn back of pages of ma hostel lyf too!!!!!!!! sema scene po....... u rock the way u r!!!!!1 keep goin n all the best fo ya to hav same kinda frnshp wit all yor close ones!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Well-written post that swung me back to those unforgettable days of my life.. Way to go, bro !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey buddy, nice one... makes me feel that i've missed these kinda hostel experiences... U keep it short & sweet without dragging on too much which is some thing hard for some1 who's blogging for d 1st time :) Good going :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Vaibhav : Instead saying Nice or Whatever,I just wanna mention I can see in those wordss How much u r in to those each n every memorable Momentzz..Afterall Life is just Living the moments completely and your lines showing that.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just have no words to write..because I am in the same phase.After two months I also have to vacate the hostel and I have such a lovely frnds that I don't wanna lose them...

    ReplyDelete