Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Me Amma and my lethargy



When we hear the term business continuity plan, I normally tend to associate that with operations considering it as a back up plan in case of any threat. Never had I realized, I would encounter one in my life. With all the blessings of almighty, I have a completely supportive mother who not just takes care of me, but all the others in my entire family. Today morning, when I returned home from office at about 4 am she was having high temperature which I forgot to notice. My dad was getting ready to go to the railway station for booking tatkal ticket and my mom was preparing coffee for him. She started screaming in pain when the moment I returned home from dropping my dad in the station.
I looked at my watch and it was just 5.45 am. I felt her high fever when I touched her forehead. I thought I would take her to the hospital at 8 am. I made her sleep in mat and I headed to my sound proof air conditioned room to sleep till 8. Just fifteen minutes after that I got a call in my mobile. It was my mom. She never spoke.. She just screamed..
All I could hear was my name only.. She was crying out with my name
I rushed to that place. She has felt the hell of the pain as she struggled from even getting up and kind of squatted from that room to the hall where we had the phone.
Me and my brother woke up and rushed to the hall. My mom was struggling and it was damn hot fever which I couldn't touch her continuously and lift her up. She was continuously telling my name.
Is that because if she tells my name her pain reduces or me being a worser pain than her present one.
I immediately took her to hospital and greatly was supported by my flat neighbours.
She got better after an injection and I meanwhile made some shuttle trips between home and hospital for catering the needs.
She woke up and the first question she asked me was.. 'Did you and vichu easy something or had your coffee?'. Before I could reply something, she immediately spoke. She informed us the place where the ironed clothes are kept for my brother who has to leave for the office in next thirty minutes
I consoled that I shall take care of everything, though I dunno even a bit of what's actually happening in my house.
In next thirty minutes, my entire flat started visiting my mom to enquire about her health one by one.
One side I felt very happy for so many people wishing and praying for my mother to get all soon and at the same time, I was actually not really up to the task of replacing my mom's place for a day in my house.
My dad has to leave to Kerala tomorrow night and he has gone to St.Thomas mount station just to book tatkal train ticket.
My mom has soaked all his clothes, some ten shirts in total and she has to clean it by the day.
She already expressed the priority of this task in half sedation.
Then comes my clothes. Thank god she did not soak them. We have some plumbing works to be done and the golu stand has to be restructured.
We were already in middle of shifting the house, which we had rented till now and that's in half way.
And on top of all these, my mom takes care of a working women's hostel and an old age home in our area, run by women India association. She is also the president of Nehru nagar maadhar Sangam (Local ladies club for philanthropically designed activities). Can water advance, gas booking follow up, DTH recharge, mobile and Internet bill, current bill for all the three houses we dwell currently, packing items for my dad and brother, Maintenance of pooja plan for my flat temple. The list goes on and on... Immediate priority works were less in number. Thank god!
Now I am unable to sleep. I had arranged people one by one. Made my brother reach station in time for his office, managed everything without informing my dad and making him tensed.
Meanwhile I made my Patti to take care of my mom and I tried to sleep since my eyes have turned blood red in colour now.
I couldn't.. I couldn't even keep a step outside. I wanted to be along with my mother. She is sleeping now due to medicine effect. Even then, I don't feel like turning back to head to the room and sleep though I had arranged all back up and implemented all high priority tasks
Didn't know whom to cry out all these things.. Just putting all these to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment